Fast Alice Glass

Fast Alice Glass

Monday, March 4, 2013

Full Circle

Hi There!!! I'm back for my semi-annual post!  How have you been? Have a good year?  Oh meeeee toooooooo.  Here's to hoping I can muster more than three posts this year!!! 

 Little Man is just over a year old.  His first birthday was memorable and exciting.  I imagine you think I scoured pintrest to make decorations and vegan gluten free birthday cake topped with hand dipped candles made from my own earwax.... WROOOOOOOng.  How I wish I had the time to do these things. Well, maybe not the earwax part.  Decorations were courtesy of Party city, in all their Elmo glory.  Food was Pizza from the cheapest pizza place I could find and the cake was amazing but made by my awesome Step-Mom with completely conventional ingredients.  Cake was delish and I hardly felt bad about giving J food coloring considering I didn't have to stress over making a cake :) SCORE!  I did make a pretty bangin' fruit punch that tasted great mixed with Champagne, so big pat on my own back. 

 It really was an awesome day.  Nemo came that weekend and prevented Big D's family from joining us which was a total bummer but they are coming this weekend to make up for it. Hence my current post!! I am curing!!! Or more specifically corning my own beef for Saturday dinner.  I did this last year and the results were insane.  I also was given brisket fever by Sainttigerlily during our visit this weekend.  Please put that braised cabbage recipe up for the world girlfriend, Internet chefs everywhere will thank you.

Disclaimer: this corned beef was from last year.  I'll make sure I have a photo shoot of the new one :)
Also, enjoy the birthday cuteness....











No comments: