Fast Alice Glass

Fast Alice Glass

Monday, February 21, 2011

Not so Krauty Kraut...

So last month I couldn't contain myself and I went ahead and made some Sauerkraut out of the Charcuterie book.  Then Low and behold this month was brining!!! So I saved this post like a little treasure until now..  Sadly my Kraut didn't come out as well as I had hoped.  It was still really REALLY good but not quite Sauer enough for my taste.  I'm positive that this had to to with our house being Effing freezing all the time.  We didn't even come close to that 70 degree mark you have to watch out for to prevent the bad BAC.  In retrospect next time I will leave the cabbage to Kraut in the kitchen or just let it sit longer.  It was still amazing on our hot dogs one night and it will make an appearance later this month on a Reuben or two.    

xoxo
Fast Alice

No comments: