Fast Alice Glass

Fast Alice Glass

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Auction Photos!!!... and some random food pix

As promised here are photos from The Barrow Groups 15th Annual Celebrity Doodles Auction and Gala. It really was a fun time. I really regret not inviting more of my friends to it. Also, the space, Studio 420, was really beautiful. Perfect spot for any event.. even a wedding.


The registration table..

Some of the Doodles.. It was really hard to take visible pictures because it was soooooo bright..


The Live Auction items.. including Doodles from Glenn Close and Al Pacino.
Other items.. a scarf hand woven and embroidered listed at a $3000 value and a 5 night stay at Atlantis...


My dessert for the Apprentice bake-off.. Chocolate covered strawberries with tuxedos and TBG logo.. at this point I hadn't discovered the micros function on my new camera (sorry for the glare)



Fast Alice and Harmony




Introducing... Dun..Dun.. Dun.. Big Daddy
This is a little overdue, as he has been my partner in crime for most of the past year.
Love, Love, Love this Man!


Fast Alice and Big D.







Daddy won this for Alice at the silent auction... :)
Again, Next year I will get more info out to you peeps regarding this event. I can't tell you what a great time it was. Also, all the proceeds go to The Barrow Group which is a not for profit organization and produces GREAT theater.
And NOW random food Pictures!!


Amazing mussels.. made by the fab Sainttigerlily! In fact I must credit her with all these food pictures... we have always enjoyed cooking together and these mussle pix inspired me to start taking more of the fruits of my kitchen....



French Onion soup. This is hands down the most delicious meal I have ever created.. again, thanks to Sainttigerlily for the recipe. (Hey girlie toss me the link to that online so I can put it here). However, I did substitute, IPA beer for the port wine, and boiled some stock bones in the broth to make it a little more rich.


Simple but amazing. Steak made to perfection by Big D and a loaded baked potato made by moi. I got thinly sliced pancetta and fried it off to use as the bacon crumbles... AMAZING. I will never use regular bacon for this purpose again. Also, you can tell I finally figured out the micros function!!! So this picture is more than a blurry mess...
I'll be back soon..
xoxo
Fast Alice


















2 comments:

SaintTigerlily said...

Yay! I LOVE that you are finally blogging again! Huzzah!

Fast Alice Glass said...

Just have to keep up the trend now.... I have almost a year of pictures that I had every intention of blogging, but never found a chance to. So some of my posts will be flashbacks.. but oh well.