Fast Alice Glass

Fast Alice Glass

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo... or whatever it is

It occurred to me that two May 5ths ago I was having a lovely party on a sun-filled deck with my new roomie Sainttigerlily.  Sigh.... the rain today makes me long for a time machine... even if it just took me back to last Saturday and the awesome deck/planting party.  But I have to admit.. the rain is just about the only thing I would change in my life right now... everything else is going swimmingly

Please forgive the lack of bloggage.  As I mentioned a post or two ago.. ie. in January, I have been one very busy lady.  Forgive me again for disappearing "down the rabbit hole," so to speak. Now that some of my responsibilities in the auction department are over, I intend to blog like I mean it!!! 

 Let me give you the latest run down in the world of Fast Alice.....

1. Yoga: I finished my 200 hour certification at Yoga Sutra in Feb.  So I am now a certified yoga teacher!!! Yay.  I have been hired to sub at the Manhattan Plaza Health Club, which is BEAutiful. I am also willing to give my friends or interested parties a serious discount for private sessions... please email me to book some time.

2. Acting:  I am still apprenticing with The Barrow Group. Much of my time in the last three months had been dedicated to working on the Celebrity Doodles Auction which was last evening.  I was assigned the job of Doodle Master, ie. the Queen of cultivating celebrities to donate their artistic abilities and decorate an 5x7 piece of paper which we in turn auction to the highest bidder. The auction itself was a blast. I (along with the help of my fellow apprentichi) were able to get 37 celebrities, including Glenn Close, Steve Martin, Al Pacino, John Travolta and the like to participate.  I'm still waiting to hear how much the gala raised overall. Hopefully, it was a great success. 

I will be performing at The Barrow Group in a reading of "The Last Days of Judas Iscariot" by Stephen Adly Guirgis. I am performing the role of Satan.  To those that know me... this will come as no surprise. The reading will take place:

Sunday May 17th at 7pm at:
The Barrow Group
312 W 36th St. 3rd Fl
New York, NY 10018

It is free and open to the pubic as part of our in class reading series. 

I will also be performing with the Amoralists theater company in their next "Zeitgeist" performance. I'll post details when I have them. Please check out the Amoralists website as they are producing a really funny show right now at PS122.

I just recently updated my Carleigh's Space blog with headshots, resume, reel etc.  I am currently looking for Commercial representation and a new Modeling agency for print. I'll keep you posted on the search.  I have a secret strategy in place to make millions... MuuuahAHAHAh... if it works you'll be the first to know.

3. Singing:  Okay... we all know I haven't been doing much singing these last few ....achhemmmm... years.  But that is going to change... Mark my words.  I am going to organize a concert in the next few months.  Ideally of art songs and some arias.  If you play the piano classically and want to accompany for free... Let Me know!!!! Or if you have a church with a great acoustic space, I will happily donate my time and any money raised can go to a charity of their choice.

4. The Fast Alice Glass and Lady C show:  Here is the rundown.. my computer is crazy low on disc space which has put a serious glitch in show production.  Also, the lack of free time has been a factor.  Good news though!! We have an awesome theme song which I can't wait to use and as soon as I free up some Gigs I WILL have a new episode for you!


That pretty much sums it up!! Let me know if I forgot anything.  I will post some pix from the auction asap. 

xoxo
Fast Alice






1 comment: