Fast Alice Glass

Fast Alice Glass

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Foot is tapping...

So the festivities of yesterday evening have ended and I'm stuck home with Big D feeling that kind of feeling you get when the run of a show is over.  Not that I have had even the slightest feeling of malaise since we moved here but having my Besties over did make me realize how far away they are :(  But I just remind myself that although there are many more miles between us,  in actual commuting time they are only an extra 20 minutes further on the train than when we lived in Queens.  This idea picked me up enough to gets to house cleaning.  

My wonderful StepMom gave Big D and I the Shark Steam Mop as a house warming gift.  Invariably despite my excitement it has managed to sit in the closet since we moved in until today.  After a grueling hunt for distilled water I was able to use it and the results were very nice!!!  It was light, easy to use, and has washable pads that clean the floor.  We have been really trying to go Green here at Fort Fraley.  The steam kills the bacteria without cleaner and left the floor looking pretty awesome.  My only complaint if I had to make one would be that it was a little more difficult to push than I anticipated.  Not heavy, just the resistance of the floor made it a little tough.  Even writing this I feel like a weenie, I know someone is going.... Um... isn't she a personal trainer... and Yeah!! I AM.. SO WHAT!!  My arms get tired too sometimes.. especially when you are hopelessly right handed.  If I could have switched to my left I wouldn't feel so pooped.  Also, the whole downstairs of the house got cleaned today which is no small feet trust me.  But it only took me maybe 45 minutes, including vacuuming time prior to mopping so not bad.  If you are looking to Green up your house I say go for it.  Now if only I could cure my HORRIBLE addiction to paper towels.  I'm trying people I am!! 

My curing salts don't come in until Tuesday and I really can't stand the wait.  I'm just sooooo eager to get started.  However, I did purchase a food scale at Costco so now I can check weights instead of using a crystal ball to tell when meats are done.  My deli slicer should be coming this week too.  My plan is to kill the anticipation by trying to make home made pasta tonight.... SOLO.  I was lucky enough to have The Boss supervising me the last two times.  But I feel ready.  I'll let you know how it goes.  

Time to go back to the fire and finish reading Emma :)
xoxo
Fast Alice

No comments: