Fast Alice Glass

Fast Alice Glass

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oh Yee of Little faith

So didn't think I'd be back did you!! Well HA!! Here I am blogging and making good on all my ideas for Fort Fraley.  

First news of the day.  I got a job!  Hoooraaay!  And not one job but two.. my goodness!  I was hired at the personal training place.  It seems great and the hours are of course flexible.  The health food store also hired me to work in there vitamin isle and do some part time cashiering.  Not very glam but $ is $ and a discount on health food is a big eff-Yeah for me so it will be a good gig.  

Now I have to tell my old job I'm leaving :(  I feel pretty sad about it.  I've really enjoyed working at the Health Club I'm at right now.  I've made some great friends and love LOVE my clients.  It will be very sad for me to leave.  But it will be for the best, one of us needs to be near the house.  It is just easier that way.  I also have to find another day to see my amazing voice teacher Deb.  I have been singing up a storm these last few months and I have a list of competitions I want to do this year, so for you city dwellers I will be around at least one day a week still.

On to the projects.  Spin your own yarn you say??  Really.. Well Yeah and I have the book to prove it.
That's right!! I should have taken a picture of the beautiful wool I got from my Aunt but alas I forgot.

And now my Spindle of awesomeness... I don't know how to use it yet.  But I will friends.. I will.


Curing meats, my new hobby as outlined by this amazing book.  I can't tell you how I nerded out when I opened this.  Home made sauerkraut people!! and sausage!!

The duck prosciutto I already started.  Hanging in the hallway next to the garage.  I'm a little worried about it being too chilly in there but we shall see.


The ideal costume for the day.. Can you hear the banjo's playing?  Hello Country!  I'm here to stay!

Next on the agenda, pack for Vermont.  Oh Man... soooooo excited.


1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi Alice! Thanks for dropping me a line, how funny that I should happen across the same blog url! I appreciate your encouraging words. I can't wait to hear how the duck prosciutto comes out, what an exciting project! Do keep us posted :)