Fast Alice Glass

Fast Alice Glass

Saturday, April 5, 2008

I am ever amazed..

I am ever amazed at my mind and emotions.. There are so many times in life when you cling to something, something often you never even wanted in the first place, and make it the center of your life.... I am equally amazed at how things in your life can shift so drastically without any warning, washing away all that came before.

I almost never write poetry that rhymes.. but this is what I woke up with this morning.. swirling in my mind... Just thought I would share....

One night's grace from bondage freed
sentenced time's been served.
I wake up without the chains I wrought
No more a wingless bird.
Tears caked salt upon my cheeks
blown free in wind and sun.
I face today, no fear, no doubt,
my life has just begun.



Always be free...
Fast Alice Glass

No comments: