Fast Alice Glass

Fast Alice Glass

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Day 11 Art Shows, Launch Parties, and Jam Sessions....Oh My

So day 2 in Melbourne....longest day ever... but full of excitement!!!

The Docklands, where we are staying, looking out over the marina at the bridge.



Telle, Lee (Telle's good friend), and I.




Hangin' out at the Marina.



What are sisters for?



Sorry....we just couldn't help ourselves.



One of the stranger pieces of the marina artwork....hmmm cow in a tree?? ......Ok.




Lee lookin' super cool.


OHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMM.....



Note the difference in public transportation cards....oooooo!! Ours are WAY better....obviously.




Well.....this one probably doesn't come as much of a shock. Apparently, witches ride on palm fronds here....who knew.



This art exhibit got a lot of press for it's subject matter.....I wonder why?




Telle with her favorite Vag..... Please Note: This is not her vagina.....I repeat this is not her vagina...



And of course me and my favorite... Believe me if you asked what I was going to do this morning taking this photo would not have been on the list.....




Telle and I with the Cunt master himself...
Actually the artist was really interesting and all of the models were volunteers between the ages of 18-70. It was a really cool exhibit, every sculpture was soooooo different and it really did make you feel empowered as a woman. Or at least like Damn... my vajay is lookin' good because there are some rreeeeallllly scary ones.....




My Aussie fam....just to fill you in we have been friends with this Australian family for almost 10 years. From Left to right...Cory, Miranda, Stew, Telle, Me, Mum, Dad, and Dylan. His whole familly showed up for the launch party for Stew's new comedy show, "Greatness Thrust Upon Them." Last year Stew and his Lady, Lorin, put up a show that won awards at the Melbourne Comedy festival and they hope to win again this year. Lorin also writes and produces a successful kids show.... Pretty cool.


My Aussie bro, Stewmeat.




Amazing jam session in Abbotsford. Electronic beats and mixing paired with guitar and base....It was really fun.


Jay, the happy DJ.


Jay #2, the bassist, and I enjoying the beats...



Lee Rockin' the bathing cap......Sexy.



The party animals continue on into the night........
Really, this day was sooooooo much fun. I can see why my sis loves Melbourne so much.

1 comment:

SaintTigerlily said...

Kid. Gill's lesson this week was Shepherd's Pie...and we are watching the Oscars, and all the joy that comes with the end of the writer's strike.

And we covered the top of the pie with Speck...and Ementhaler cheese...

And oh my heavens...

we miss you buddy.