Fast Alice Glass

Fast Alice Glass

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 6 Magnetic Island

Ok, so today was one of the more amazing days in Maggie. As I've mentioned we haven't had much swimming weather because of all the rain... but as you will see this provided us with a very special opportunity.....

Ooooooo what could this be...a mysterious path leading to.... where????


Oh my GOD a freshwater waterfall!!!!!


This place is only this cool when there is tons of rain.





Climbing to the pools.








The current was really strong and she almost made me lose my balance...

Again...trying not to fall over while a picture is taken.

Ahhh yes the bathing beauties.




This was really really heavy but I managed to do it!!!


The Bush on Maggie.
OmG I just realized how funny that sounds.
Yes, Maggie's got a great bush..lol.


A nest of green ants.



Alright... I usually think of myself as an adventurous eater but wow....props to my sister for licking a green ant!!! Apparently, they taste tangy. To those that will understand...this was my mayonnaise ice cream. I did however try tomato gelato while here...it was gross and tasted like sweet frozen Campbell's tomato soup, perhaps the ant tasted better...c'est la vie.



A Kukabura!!! They feed them raw meat by hand at the Bungalow.



This day was absolutely amazing and I would like to thank our new friend Kirke for being so generous as to share it with us. I'll include a pic of us when I have one reformatted.