Fast Alice Glass

Fast Alice Glass

Monday, February 11, 2008

Made It!!!!

Ok..... So I'm finally here!! The air travel section of the trip didn't exactly go as planned. Not only did my sisters flight to LA have to emergency land in Denver because of a leak but our flight to Sydney was delayed. Before we even set foot on the plane to Sydney for a 14 hr flight we had been traveling for 20hrs and it was 5am NY time. But enough whining. I learned two very valuable traveling tricks.....

A.) There is a little known art-form of mixing muscle relaxers and red wine, this trip gave me the opportunity to master the technique. I slept the whole flight and managed not to pee in my pants....lol.

B.) Wearing cute t-shirts gets you through customs extra quick. (I'll add a pic of the shirts when the camera is up and running.)


Also, I did finish my first crayon drawing and will upload a photo asap.

So far Auz is great! The weather is beautiful despite a little rain, and they have tons of amazing vintage clothing stores....who knew. Lachey's place is pretty crazy....let me describe... ok close your eyes and imagine every movie with a dilapidated shack in the Outback you have ever seen ( including peeling paint, corrugated tin roof, and squeaky screen door) and put it right in the middle of a big city. It is really is amazing, all that is missing is the dirt floor and flies. But it makes me feel like summer camp in some strange way, so I kinda like it.

Tonights plans include dinner out with Lachey and friends at a yet to be named Thai restaurant. Again, sorry for the lack of pix..they are on the way!!!

No comments: